The Chartered Financial Analyst is an international professional designation administered by the CFA Institute, comprising of a three-part exam process. The program is intended to expand working knowledge and skills relating to investment decision-making.
The CFA qualification is a symbol of professional excellence and achievement worldwide. With CFA charter holders from across 134 countries, this qualification is highly sought-after by companies working in the Investment Banking and Finance domain.
Attaining the Chartered Financial Analyst designation positions you among your profession’s elite. Not only is it the most respected and valued credential in the global finance community, but it’s also your passport to career success in the investment management and corporate finance professions.
The Chartered Financial Analyst program, administered by the CFA Institute, offers a graduate-level curriculum and examination program designed to expand your working knowledge and practical skills related to investment decision making. The CFA Program consists of three examinations (Levels I, II, and III). Each of the CFA examination concludes with a full-day six-hour examination. Candidates must pass each examination before advancing to the next level, but are permitted to repeat an examination if they fail to pass. Our CFA courses are prepared by the Subject matter expert and covers everything that is required to succeed in both your CFA® exams and career.
- A bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree (or be in the final year of your degree program at the time of registration) or four years of professional work experience
- A combination of full-time professional and college experience that totals at least four years prior to enrollment.
The CFA Program curriculum is drawn from a broad Candidate Body of Knowledge™ (CBOK™) that reflects the investment profession’s current theory and practice with emphasis on asset valuation and portfolio management.
Level I focuses on the tools and concepts relating to investment valuation and portfolio management and introduces basic concepts regarding securities laws, regulations, and ethical and professional conduct.
Level II emphasizes asset valuation while testing your ability to apply Level I concepts on investment analysis and valuation, and ethical and professional conduct.
Level III covers the entire portfolio management process in depth. You must also be able to relate concepts learned in Levels I and II to this process. As with Levels I and II, you must have a firm grasp on how to apply CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct in Organizations.
you must have a firm grasp on how to apply CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct in Organizations.
|Topic Area||Level | weight||Level || Weight||Level ||| Weight|
|Ethical and Professional Standards||15%||10%||10%|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis||20%||15-25%||0%|
|Portfolio Management and Planning||5%||5-15%||45-55%|
Source: CFA Institute, 2010
The following are the entrance requirements for enrolling in the CFA Exam:
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent OR
- You must be a college/university senior (in the final year of studies) scheduled to receive a bachelor’s degree OR
- Prospective candidates without a degree may qualify if they have four years of acceptable professional work experience OR
- If they have a combination of four years of college/university and professional work experience. (Experience need not be investment related. Summer, part-time, and internship positions do not qualify.)
|Level |||Level ||||Level ||||
|Time||6 hours||6 hours||6 hours|
|Number of Questions||240 questions||120 questions||60 questions + Essays|
|Question Types||Multiple Choice||Item Sets||Item Sets & Essay|
|Focus||Knowledge and Comprehension||Analysis and Application||Synthesis and Evaluation|
CFA Institute has established the following requirements for achieving the CFA charter:
- Successful completion of Levels I, II, and III examinations
- At least four years of acceptable professional work experience related to the investment decision-making process. This may be accrued prior to, during, or after completing the exams.
- Membership in CFA Institute and application for membership with a CFA Institute society
- Agreement to comply with, among other things, the CFA Institute conditions, requirements, policies, and procedures as defined in the CFA Institute Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
- Submission of an annual Professional Conduct Statement and payment of annual membership dues.
In order to enroll into the CFA Program, candidates must pay a one-time registration fee in addition to the required enrollment fees for each Level. CFA Institute reference material is included with candidate enrollment.
Follow this link to enroll and register online.
Level 1 in June and December
Level 2 and 3 in June
The CFA Exam is administered in testing centers located in countries all over the world. For a complete, up-to-date listing and to choose your exam site, please Click here.
CFA Institute permits candidates to use only two models of business calculators on the CFA Examinations. These are:
• The Texas Instruments BA II Plus (including the BA II Plus Professional)
• The Hewlett Packard 12C (including the HP 12C Platinum).
SV EDUCARE Live Class Package Components
SV EDUCARE comprehensive teaching approach is ideal for all types of learners. Combining print with online, multimedia and more, the learning system makes understanding, applying, practicing and reviewing something you can take in stride.
To enroll in the CFA® Program you need to have certain requirements in order to qualify
1. A bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree (or be in the final year of your degree program at the time of registration) or four years of professional work experience. 2. A combination of full-time professional and college experience that totals at least four years prior to enrollment.
It’s easy to enroll with SV EDUCARE CFA program. We have flexible learning experiences and comprehensive resources made for you.
We will help the students to find out where, when and how to apply to sit for your CFA exam.
SV EDUCARE Unique revision program will give you that extra boost before the exam.
Your exam Success Formula: Prepare and Pass with SV EDUCARE own study tools, question bank and problem solving essay questions.
SV EDUCARE make sure you receive the best preparation for your exams. We will conduct mock exams and tips for success
To earn a CFA® charter, you must:
Pledge to adhere to the CFA Institute Code of Ethics & Standards of Professional Conduct
Have four years of qualified investment work experience
Become a regular member of CFA Institute and apply for membership to a local CFA® member society.